- Bibb, William Wyatt, 1781-1820
- Call number
- MssCol 7325
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- William Wyatt Bibb letter and miscellany, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Bibb served as AlabamaÕs first territorial governor (1817-1819) and became the first Governor under the state Constitution in 1819. Letter from Bibb to General D. B. Mitchell of Savannah, Georgia, discussing national and international politics (February 5, 1808), and an official document confirming Jeremiah Reaves as the newly elected justice of the peace for Dallas County, Alabama (June 29, 1820).
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328