- Bennett, James Gordon, 1795-1872
- Call number
- MssCol 7244
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- James Gordon Bennett letters and bank checks, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
James Gordon Bennett (1795-1872) was the founder and editor of the New York Herald. After working as a teacher and lecturer, he founded the Herald in 1835.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328