- Bell, Peter Hansbrough, 1812-1898
- Call number
- MssCol 7197
- Physical description
- 0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Peter Hansborough Bell letters, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
American soldier and politician. Governor of TX 1849-1853; US Congressman from TX 1853-1857. 1850 letter to the Governor of Mississippi; 1854 letter to J.C. Dobbin, Secretary of the Navy, recommending John Bradley as a candidate for admission to Naval Academy.
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328