- Putnam, George Palmer, 1814-1872
- Call number
- MssCol 4589
- Physical description
- .1 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- George Palmer Putnam correspondence, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
George Palmer Putnam (1814-1872) was a book and magazine publisher. Collection consists of letters from Putnam's friends in London and America concerning the publishing business. Other topics include the distribution of "The Rebellion Record", United States Sanitary Commission Fairs, and patriotic activities.
Source of acquisitionPurchase, Dawson's Bookshop, 01/18/42
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Entire collection available on microfilm; New York Public Library