- Bumbala, W. J
- Call number
- MssCol 426
- Physical description
- 1.5 linear feet (1 v.); 1 microfilm reel
- Most of the entries are in German
- Preferred Citation
- W.J. Bumbala autograph album, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
W.J. Bumbala was a radio engineer for an electrical equipment company in Phoenix, Arizona. During World War I he was interned in the U.S. as a German enemy alien. Autograph album which Bumbala kept during his internment at Fort Douglas, Utah contains entries made by his fellow prisoners. Included are poems, photographs, drawings, post cards, and commentary on internment in World War I.
Source of acquisitionGift, O'Brien, Esmonde M, 1950
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Album available on microfilm; New York Public Library