- Bickerton, Joseph P., 1878-1936
- Physical description
- .08 linear feet (1 folder)
- Preferred Citation
- Joseph Bickerton papers, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Joseph P. Bickerton, Jr. (1878-1936), an attorney in New York City who specialized in theatrical cases, served as an arbiter of disputes between members of the Dramatists Guild of America and producers. He also helped to produce Broadway shows. Collection consists of correspondence, theater reviews, publicity articles, and financial papers of Bickerton. Correspondence relates to real estate matters in Massachusetts and Long Island, New York. Theatre materials include notices of production and publicity articles. Also, canceled stock shares.
Source of acquisitionTransfer, Theater Division
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328