- Howell, W. T. (William Thompson), 1810-1870
- Call number
- MssCol 1447
- Physical description
- .56 linear feet (2 volumes)
- Preferred Citation
- Highland Notes, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Born in Newburgh, NY, in 1873, William Thompson Howell was a hiker and explorer widely recognized for his advocacy of state parks and wilderness protection.
- Hudson Highlands (N.Y.) -- Discovery and exploration
- Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.) -- Description and travel
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Originally published in 1933 by the Fresh Air Club and reprinted in 2010 by Bog Meadow Publishing