- Holden, Phineas
- Call number
- MssCol 1418
- Physical description
- .21 linear feet (1 volume)
- Preferred Citation
- Holden memorandum book, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Pocket almanac containing manuscript notes of P[hineas?] Holden of Norwich, Connecticut and another individual, possibly his son. The memoranda relate to personal, family and business accounts, local events, and other topics, and are dated 1787-1800. Title of printed almanac is "Pocket Almanac for the year ... 1878 ... Boston: Printed and Sold by T. & J. Fleet."
- Almanacs, American -- New England -- 18th century
- Cost and standard of living -- Connecticut -- 18th century
- Norwich (Conn.) -- History -- 18th century
- Norwich (Conn.) -- Social life and customs -- 18th century
- A Pocket almanack for the year of Our Lord 1787. Being the third after leap year, and the eleventh of American independence. Calculated for the use of the commonwealth of Massachusetts .
- A Pocket almanack for the year of Our Lord 1787. Being the third after leap year, and the eleventh of American independence. Calculated for the use of the commonwealth of Massachusetts ..
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328