- Galloway, Joseph D.
- Call number
- MssCol 1104
- Physical description
- .21 linear feet (1 volume)
- Preferred Citation
- Joseph D. Galloway diary, Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library
- Manuscripts and Archives Division
- Access to materials
- Advance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Diary belonging to Joseph D. Galloway, U.S. Army, Co. M, 3rd Pennsylvania cavalry. Diary was maintained 15 March 1861-24 August 1864 during his service with the Army of the Potomac though the campaigns in Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. Holograph transcript of the original diary in 2 volumes
- Maryland -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
Using the collection
LocationManuscripts and Archives Division
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Brooke Russell Astor Reading Room, Third Floor, Room 328
Access to materialsAdvance notice required. Request access to this collection.
Alternative form available
Available on microfilm; New York Public Library; *ZL-461 [microfilm]