- Bayliffe, Anna Georgia, 1800 or 1801-1823
- Call number
- Pforz BND-MSS (Bayliffe, A.)
- Physical description
- 1 vol. (67 manuscript pages 92 total leaves many blank), 2 silhouette portrait paper cuttings, 19 cm; 1 vol. (67 manuscript pages 92 total leaves many blank), 2 silhouette portrait paper cuttings, 19 cm
- Preferred Citation
- Anna Georgia Bayliffe manuscript notebook of prayers, meditations, and reflections, Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle, The New York Public Library
- Carl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
- Access to materials
- Restricted access. Request access to this collection.
Anna Georgia Bayliffe of Pickwick, Corsham, Wiltshire, England. She was the child of George Searle Bayliffe (1734-1813), deputy lieutenant for the county of Wiltshire, and his wife, Ann (née Banks). Anna Georgia died of typhus at age 22 on 27 June 1823, just two months after her younger brother, Charles Searle Bayliffe, died from the same disease. A memorial commonplace book in the hand of the author's mother, Ann Banks Bayliffe, who provides a summary of the volume's contents on the first page: "Prayers meditations & reflections of my dearly beloved daughter Anna Georgia Bayliffe copied from various scraps of Paper found by me after her decease. -- Ann Bayliffe, 1825." Also includes: a copy of a theological essay by the copyist's son, Charles; the copyist's memorial statement for her deceased husband and children; and two silhouette portraits, of Anna and Charles.
Using the collection
LocationCarl H. Pforzheimer Collection of Shelley and His Circle
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street, New York, NY 10018-2788
Third Floor, Room 319