Filter by date range
x1951 - 2000

Found 27 collections related to Branch libraries -- New York (State) -- New York

Filtering on: x1951 - 2000
New York Public Library. Board of Trustees. Committee on Branch Libraries
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 4920
.4 cubic foot
The Committee on Branch Libraries, formerly the Circulation Department Committee, and prior to that, the Committee on Circulation, oversees the operation of the circulating libraries in the N.Y.P.L. system. It was established in 1901 as a standing... more
New York Public Library. 115th Street Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5844
.33 linear feet (1 box)
The 115th Street Branch of The New York Public Library was opened in 1908. The library building was designed by the architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White and was constructed with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. Publicity materials and... more
New York Public Library. 67th Street Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5868
.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
The 67th Street Branch of The New York Public Library was opened in 1905. The library building was designed by the architectural firm of Babb, Cook & Willard and was constructed with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. The branch closed for... more
New York Public Library. 125th Street Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5845
.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
The 125th Street Branch of The New York Public Library was opened in 1904. The library building was designed by the architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White and was constructed with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. Reports, administrative files... more
New York Public Library. 96th Street Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5843
.25 linear feet (1 box)
The 96th Street Branch of The New York Public Library was opened in 1905. The library building was designed by the architectural firm of Babb, Cook & Willard and was constructed with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie. Publicity materials... more
New York Public Library. Branch Libraries. Director's Office
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 5563
.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
Memoranda, correspondence and files concerning administration of the Branch Libraries of The New York Public Library from 1940-1951.
New York Public Library. Central Administration. Director's Office
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 4946
Records of Harry Miller Lydenberg, Director of The New York Public Library from 1934-1941. Collection spans the years 1926-1970 (bulk 1926-1944), covering his term as Director and also his participation in numerous professional associations.
New York Public Library. Branch Libraries. Director's Office
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 5565
.33 linear feet (1 box)
Memoranda, correspondence and files concerning administration of the Branch Libraries of The New York Public Library from 1946-1970.
New York Public Library. Branch Libraries. Director's Office
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 5564
2 linear feet (1 box, 1 oversize folder)
Memoranda, correspondence and files concerning administration of the Branch Libraries of The New York Public Library from 1949-1963.
New York Public Library. Central Administration. Director's Office
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 4952
Correspondence from the offices of three Directors of The New York Public Library: Harry Miller Lydenberg, Franklin Ferguson Hopper and Ralph A. Beals.
New York Public Library. St. George Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 5864
1 linear foot (3 boxes)
The St. George Branch of The New York Public Library opened on June 26, 1907. The largest library on Staten Island, it was designed by Carrere and Hastings, architects of the neighboring Borough Hall and County Court House. The branch was... more
New York Public Library. Stapleton Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 5872
.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
The Stapleton Branch of The New York Public Library opened in 1907 on Canal Street in Staten Island. The library was constructed with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie, and was designed by the architectural firm of Carrere and Hastings. Reports,... more
New York Public Library. South Beach Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 5870
.33 linear feet (1 box)
The South Beach Branch of The New York Public Library, located in Staten Island, originated in the early 1950s as a "sub-branch" with limited hours and a small collection of circulating books. In 2000, the branch moved to a new building at 21-25... more
New York Public Library. Spuyten Duyvil Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 5871
.33 linear feet (1 box)
The Spuyten Duyvil Branch of The New York Public Library is located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, one block west of the Henry Hudson Parkway. Designed by architect Giorgio Cavaglieri, the building opened to the public in August of 1971.... more
New York Public Library. Soundview Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc 5869
.33 linear feet (1 box)
Reports, brochures, clippings and administrative records documenting operation of the Soundview Branch of The New York Public Library.
New York Public Library. Tompkins Square Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5875
3 linear feet (7 boxes)
The Tompkins Square Branch traces its origins to the Fifth Street Branch of the Aguilar Free Library, which opened in 1887 at 624 Fifth Street on Manhattan's lower east side. The branch moved several times prior to the 1903 merger of the Aguilar... more
New York Public Library. Tremont Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5878
1 linear foot (2 boxes)
The Tremont Branch of The New York Public Library opened in 1905 at the corner of Washington Avenue and East 176th Street in the central Bronx. The library building was designed by the architectural firm of Carrere and Hastings and was constructed... more
New York Public Library. Todt Hill-Westerleigh Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5874
.5 linear feet (1 box)
The first Todt Hill Branch opened for limited service in 1950 in an apartment in the Todt Hill Houses on Staten Island. In 1963, the branch name was changed to Todt Hill-Westerleigh Branch and the facility moved to larger quarters in a converted... more
New York Public Library. Throg's Neck Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5873
.5 linear feet (1 box, 1 oversize folder)
The Throg's Neck Branch of The New York Public Library opened in 1954 on East Tremont Avenue in the east Bronx. In 1974 the branch relocated to a new building two blocks from its original location. Reports, correspondence and administrative files... more
New York Public Library. Wakefield Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5882
1 linear foot (3 boxes)
The Wakefield Branch of The New York Public Library, located in the north Bronx, opened in 1938. Reports, correspondence and administrative files documenting operations of Wakefield Branch of The New York Public Library.
New York Public Library. Webster Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5884
6 linear feet (15 boxes)
Reports, correspondence, accession books, financial records, news clippings and administrative files documenting operations of Webster Branch of The New York Public Library.
New York Public Library. Washington Heights Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5883
.33 linear feet (1 box)
The Washington Heights Branch of The New York Public Library traces its origins to the Washington Heights Free Library, established in 1868. This institution merged with NYPL in 1901. In 1914 the branch moved to its present building at 1000 St.... more
The New York Public Library. Woodstock Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5889
1 linear foot (3 boxes)
The Woodstock Branch of The New York Public Library, located on East 160th Street in the south Bronx, was opened in 1914. The library building was designed by the architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White and was constructed with funds provided by... more
New York Public Library. Yorkville Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5890
.33 linear feet (1 box)
The Yorkville Branch of The New York Public Library, located on East 79th Street in Manhattan, was opened in 1902. The library building was designed by James Brown Lord, and was the first in New York City constructed with funds provided by Andrew... more
New York Public Library. West New Brighton Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5887
1 linear foot (3 boxes)
The New York Public Library first offered services to the West New Brighton neighborhood on Staten Island in 1913 when the NYPL Extension Division opened a "home station" in a residence at 1006 Castleton Avenue. In 1914, library service was... more
New York Public Library. Westchester Square Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5885
.5 linear feet (2 boxes)
The Westchester Square Branch of The New York Public Library began serving the east Bronx community in 1937. The library moved to its current location on Glebe Avenue in 1956. Reports, memos and administrative files documenting operations of... more
New York Public Library. Van Nest Branch
New York Public Library Archives | MssArc RG8 5881
.33 linear feet (1 box)
The Van Nest Branch of The New York Public Library originated as a small sub-branch, with limited collections and hours, in 1945. The operation was expanded into a branch library in 1955, and in 1967 moved into its current building on Barnes... more